Usually week six of the One Room Challenge is the big reveal, but you will have to wait for that until next week. Today I’m sharing a sneak peek of our newly completed record storage. This bad boy he heavy a sin but it came together pretty great. It was a super simple DIY. We just stacked wooden record crates between live edge boards. Done and Dusted!
Another development is the addition of the vintage cabinet. I love the way the TV just disappears in front of the Hage Blue wall you gotta love those Farrow and Ball colors. Excuse the cords.
I’ve had good luck mixing my vintage finds, like the massive mirror and painting with newer pieces like this modern side table. The chair in this picture is actually for our downstairs lounge. That part of the lodge is undergoing a significant renovation at the moment, so this guy is resting beautifully here.
This week I started making a few smaller throw pillows. I LOVE the indigo pillows from Anne Selke, but I want to work in some dusty mauve and rust colors into the palette. I found some pretty leather in the garment district last week. I think they will pair well with a few fabrics I have in my stash.
Before the big reveal next week I have two straightforward projects to tackle this week.
- Finish sewing the smaller “accent” throw pillows.
- Install our new Haiku fan.
I’m going to leave it here, for now, so we have something to talk about next week at THE BIG REVEAL! In the meantime here is a quick reminder of the pieces I’m using.
1. Peacock Accent Chairs, The Mine
2. Brass Cocktail Table, Curry & Company
3. Laundered Linen Indigo Pillow, Annie Selke
4. Marianna Linen Resist Pillow, Annie Selke
5. Ceiling Fan I Series, Haiku
6. Belgian Flax Linen Drapery, Barn and Willow
7. Indigo Woven Cotton Rug, Annie Selke
8. Cutler Copper Bronze Drum Shaped Accent Table, Uttermost
9. Polished Nickel One-Light Mini Pendant, Jonathan Adler
10. Marble Table Lamp, Jonathan Adler
11. Tripod Floor Lamp, Jonathan Adler
12. Cigar Sofa, Article
13. Dining Chairs, Hayneedle
14. Vintage Rug, Corre Marie
15. Coffee Table, Hayneedle
As always, Don’t forget to check in on all the other fabulous designers!
Boxwood Avenue | Coco & Jack | Design Manifest | Dwell with Dignity | The House That Lars Built | Little Green Notebook | The Makerista | Making it Lovely | Old Brand New | Old Home Love The Painted House | Megan Pflug Designs | Pink Pagoda | Erica Reitman | Sacramento Street Simply Grove | Jill Sorensen | Sugar & Cloth | Vintage Rug Shop | Waiting on Martha